Welcome to the Newsletter of the British Records Association. There are three issues per year: Spring, Summer and Winter, punctuating the publication schedule for ‘Archives‘, the Association’s peer-reviewed journal. In the Newsletter you will find news about the BRA, its events and activities, as well as a round-up of information of general interest to members worldwide.
Series 4 Number 1 (March 2016): Welcome to the first Newsletter of the re-launched BRA!
- “Upwards and Onwards”, Julia Sheppard, Chair
- “RPS takes a new direction”, Penny Baker, Chair, Records Preservation Section
- BRA ANNUAL CONFERENCE, 2015 “‘In a League of their own’: Archives of the History of British Sport and Physical Recreation” Stephen Freeth
- Annual Conference 2016 and Upcoming Events
- “Legal Records at Risk project”, Clare Cowling
- “Experiencing Archives: The Historian’s Perspective”, Alice White. A young historian reflects on her first encounter with archiving.
- “New On-line Catalogues”
- “Archive blogs”<
- “News Round-up”
- “Obituary: Janette Harley”
- “Introducing the new Officers” (Julia Sheppard, BRA Chair / Penny Baker, BRA Vice-Chair and RPS Chair / Neil Murphy, Reviews Editor, “Archives”)
Series 4 Number 2 (Summer 2016): Interesting Times!
(Newsletters are uploaded to the site when the next one appears)
To ensure you receive the latest Newsletter, when the news is still new,
join the British Records Association today!
If you have any news to share, events to promote, exhibitions to publicise, or thoughts and ideas to raise, please send details to the Newsletter editor, Janet Foster, using the form below.