Conference Programme Released
The British Records Association’s Annual Conference 2023 focusses on the rich archival resources of the Drinks Industry in the UK.
It will take place on Thursday 5th October, 9.30-17.00 at The Gallery, 77 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EL.
The conference will cover topics such as:
- The Government and Wine
- Drinks industry archives at the Modern Records Centre Warwick University
- Brewery records at London Metropolitan Archives
- The Brewers’ Company
- British Brewers as patrons of the arts
- Connections between the UK brewing industry and contemporary trends, notably female brewers
- The Aberfeldy Distillery – celebrating 125 years
- Reactivation of the Brora Distillery using the Diageo Archives
As well as focusing on specific breweries and distilleries, speakers will highlight the value of these collections for social, cultural and economic research. They will demonstrate utilizing archives for broad public engagement and for promoting local communities and businesses.
This event is an excellent opportunity for professional development.
Tickets can be booked on Eventbrite, where the provisional programme has now been published:
*Those who have recently completed or are about to commence an archives or information studies course are eligible to book at the student rate*
Conference fees include full catering for the day
The conference venue is located in an area rich in history and culture, with nearby attractions including St Bartholomew’s Hospital Square, Smithfield Market, The Charterhouse, St Paul’s Cathedral and Barbican.
For any accessibility requirements please email the BRA Secretary, <firstname.lastname@example.org>